Food in TorontoBy Mathew Davies, Posted on 14 Aug, 2021 at 06:58 am
Versatility in cuisine is a true reflection of cultural diversity in the city of Toronto. There are plenty of places to eat in Toronto serving specific authentic cuisines to suit the taste of locals as well as international tourists. For specific cuisines, you can opt for the following areas:
- Chinatown (for Chinese and Vietnamese)
- Koreatown (for Korean)
- Little Italy and Corso Italia (for Italian)
- Little India (for Indian)
- The Danforth/The East End (for Greek)
Many of the restaurants are concentrated in the Downtown west region of the city. There are many in Uptown too but not as many as there are in Downtown. Some of the most popular restaurants in Toronto are:
- Terroni – This restaurant is known for serving the best pizza in town.
- Burger’s Priest – This mini Beaches burger shop is an empire in itself, and you will find it at many locations in different neighborhoods of Toronto. It is a must for those who love burgers.
- California Sandwiches – These are popular for their simple and meaty sandwiches.
- Barberian’s Steakhouse – One of the best places to treat yourselves and is the well-known favorite of locals as well as visitors. It could truly be termed as one of the best steakhouses of Toronto.
- Salad King – This restaurant is mostly packed with students and other public looking for a speedy and reasonable Thai dish.
- Scaramouche – It is a classical French-inspired restaurant located on Avenue Road that could be one of the best choices for a fine dining experience in Toronto.
- Fresh – For veg lovers and health-conscious people, Fresh offers a unique protein-rich dining experience inspired by Asian dishes.
- The Lakeview – Ready to serve you 24 hours whether it is breakfast or night-time hunger, The Lakeview is one of the oldest restaurants in town.
In Toronto, you can find plenty of food trucks selling diversified street foods, especially in Downtown Toronto. Food trucks can be found in the following areas:
- Toronto City Hall – selling hot dogs, sausages (precooked), and French fries.
- Dundas Street West – international street foods.
- University of Toronto – Chinese food trucks.
- Queen West and Kensington Market – independent cafes enhancing coffee culture in Toronto.
During hot summers, ice creams, popsicles, and frozen yogurt are sold everywhere on bicycles and trucks.
Other highlights for food in Toronto include:
- Famous Peameal Bacon Sandwich
- East Indian Gandhi Roti
Eating halal food can be challenging not because you cannot have many options but you may find it difficult to choose between ranges of delicious options. Some of the popular options for halal food in Toronto include:
- AffysBamiyan Kabob
- Burger Factory
- Black Ox Bistro
- The Burgernator
- Clucks Clucks
- Pizza la Rosa
- Lahore Tikka House
- Restoran Malaysia
- Roman Zaman
Toronto is truly a paradise for food lovers. It also features the largest two-week Summerlicious festival that is arranged every July. Then there are other festivals arranged throughout the year. The most popular ones are Winterlicious, Le Burger Week, and La Poutine Week. Toronto is home to many casual and upscale chain of restaurants offering a variety of food and dining experiences.
Find deals on hotels, homes and much more...